“It was never the way she looked. Always the way she was. I could have fallen in love with her with my eyes closed.”
Because 2021 is about celebrating everything and anything! Every day is a good day to celebrate love, friendship, and admiration, February 14th is extra special in our books. Snuggle up because we’ve got a beautiful dessert charcuterie board guide, an extensive list of our very favourite rom-coms (and obviously our favourite quotes), and an adorable DIY Valentine’s Day garland tutorial, just for you!
Dessert Charcuterie Board
The hardest part of this charcuterie board was choosing the desserts, no surprise there. We couldn’t help but to play up on the charcuterie board trend that we all love and know. This is an adorable way to end a family dinner or a great date night idea!
To build you own dessert board, buy or bake your three favourite desserts. We ordered the mini cheesecakes from Thirfty’s, the macarons were made by a friend, and the sugar cookies we made (you can find the delicious recipe here!). We highly recommend making the sugar cookies, they are a favourite around our house for nearly every holiday. Garnish with some fresh greenery, add some rosé or sparkling waters and you’ve got yourself a Valentine’s Day dessert charcuterie board.
The Greatest Love Stories (and Binge-Watching List) of All Time
We couldn’t share a list of our favourite romantic comedies without pairing them with some of our favourite quotes! Without further ado, here is you binge-watching list this Valentine’s Day:
- Titanic, “I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it.” ― Jack Dawson
- To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, “It’s not like in the movies. It’s better, because it’s real.” ― Jenny Han
- Dear John, “Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can’t believe that ours didn’t go on forever.” ― Nicholas Sparks
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, “You’ve got more than enough personalities to keep me completely occupied.” ― Benny Wenny Boo Boo Boo
- About Time, “I’d only give one piece of advice to anyone marrying. We’re all quite similar in the end. We all get old and tell the same tales too many times. But try and marry someone kind.” ― Bill Nighy
- The Notebook, “I think our love can do anything we want it to.” ― Nicholas Sparks
- Perks of Being a Wallflower, “We accept the love we think we deserve.” ― Stephen Chbosky
- Isn’t It Romantic, “I found you can search the entire universe and never find a being more worthy of love than yourself.” ―Brandon Scott
- The Proposal, Andrew Paxton: I’m not rich. My parents are rich. Margaret Tate : Which is the kind of thing that only a rich person would say.
- The Holiday, “I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives.” ― Iris
DIY Valentine’s Day Garland
We’re going to be honest, this DIY does take a little time and effort but it’s cute, fun, reusable, and can be used for other holidays too (birthdays, baby showers, etc.) To make the garland, you can get everything you need at Michaels!
We made our garland roughly 8 ft long and made 10 pom-poms (5 white and 5 pink) and 4 hearts for each strand! Our pattern was: Pink Pom-Pom, White Pom-Pom, Heart, repeat. But you can definitely change this up and get creative!
- Pom-Pom Maker
- Embroidery Floss
- Jute Twine
- Felt (we used 2 sheets per strand of garland, each sheet should make 2 finished hearts)
- Needles (you’ll need 2 sizes, one for embroidery floss and one for jute twine)
- Poly-fil (optional, but makes all the difference!)
- Make your pom-poms with your pom-pom maker! If you don’t know how to use one, here is a great tutorial. It’s super easy! As mentioned above, we made 10 total for each garland, 5 in each colour!
- Make a heart stencil out of paper, we just used printer paper. Our hearts were roughly 5 inches long and 4 inches wide (at the widest part of the heart). Again, any heart shape is perfect in our opinion! Tape the stencil to the felt and cut out 8 hearts, which will make 4 hearts once stitched together! Each sheet of felt made 2 finished hearts for us.
- Take two of the felt hearts and stitch them together using embroidery floss. You really don’t need to get fancy with it, we accepted all of the imperfections in our stitching! Don’t stitch completely shut, leave a little room to stuff the heart with poly-fit. Once stuffed, finishing stitching the heart.
- Measure out roughly 8ft of your jute twine and begin stringing your garland together, using your jute needle!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
We hope you take time to enjoy some of these festive Valentine’s Day activities! If you create a dessert charcuterie board or make your own heart garland, be sure to tag @kccustomdesigns in your photos on Instagram! We’d love to see what you create!
The KC Custom Designs Team